With all the types of incontinence products out there, which one do you need? The choices can be a bit overwhelming. We’ve put together a guide of five simple steps for choosing the right incontinence product.
1. Identifying Your Incontinence Level
Leakage can be broken down into four categories.
- Light: Low frequency of small amounts. (drips, dribbles)
- Moderate: Partial frequency of heavier urine loss (bursts, surges)
- Heavy: Consistent frequency of larger urine leakage (streams, gushes)
- Fecal: Any kind of leakage from a bowel movement, regardless of volume.
You may experience more than one type of leakage. Keep this in mind as you select the product that is right for you.
2. Identify Your Frequency
The best way to identify frequency is to use a bladder symptom diary. With the diary, you can track type of leakage, frequency of occurrences and amount of output.
3. Understand the Products
Understanding the types of products available is important for good incontinence management. There are many different types.
- Pads for women: Multiple sizes of absorbent pads designed for lighter outputs of urine. They attach directly to the underwear with an adhesive strip. The polymer inside the pad absorbs liquid and locks it in, keeping the skin clean and dry. They are designed for lighter output volumes while offering the most discreet fit.
- Male Guards – Male guards are designed to fit the male anatomy. Offering the same protection as a regular pad, male guards also have inner leak barriers to contain leaks. They are designed for lighter output volumes while offering the most discreet fit.
- Protective Underwear – Protects against moderate to heavy outputs of leakage. They are designed to be discreet and comfortable. Proper size and fit selection are important because they also help prevent leakage.
- Adult Briefs – Wearable protection that offers the highest level of protection. Briefs are designed to protect against urinary and fecal leakage.
4. Selecting the Right Incontinence Product
The key to selecting the right incontinence product is to match the leakage and frequency with the product designed to handle your needs. It is common to use different products for multiple levels of incontinence, and for day and night use.
Remember, we are here to help determine what product is best for you. If you want the most accurate results for what product works for you, the best place to start is with our product guide.
The product guide matches your symptoms and needs with the right product.
5. Ask Questions
When it comes to incontinence products, there’s no such thing as a wrong question. Incontinence products can be confusing with all the different brands and types, each with their own unique
features and designs. Trying to understand it all alone can be daunting. It’s better to ask an expert and get the right information so you don’t put your health at risk. A good place to start is with us. We’ve been working with these products for many years, so we know what they’re best suited for. Our customer service team can answer any questions you have, so don’t hesitate to call us at (877) 202-4652. You can also reach us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us know what you need, and we’ll be happy to help!
Presto® is made in Eau Claire, WI by Drylock Technologies, a global, carbon-neutral, family-owned hygiene products company. We pride ourselves in continual investments to improve our products and set ourselves apart from other brands. We care about the impact we have on every life we touch and believe this shows in the quality of the products we make. With technologies like MoistureLock™ dual core, OdorSecure™ odor control, and Swift&Soft™ acquisition layer, you feel more protected and comfortable during your daily activities and at night.