I’M ALWAYS WORRIED ABOUT HAVING AN ACCIDENT OR PEOPLE FINDING OUT THAT I HAVE INCONTINENCE. DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR GETTING PAST THIS?
There probably isn’t an incontinence patient in the world who isn’t worried about having an accident in public. But it’s not the accident itself that they’re the most worried about – it’s the noticeable, uncomfortable and embarrassing leaks in front of others that really cause anxiety.
The best way to handle this is to take active steps to prevent those leaks from happening in the first place. You can do that by focusing on using a quality undergarment which:
- Doesn’t make “scrunchy” noises when you’re walking or sitting
- Has rapid absorbency, so the liquid is immediately turned to gel, minimizing the risk of leakage
- Has standing leg cuffs, also known as “dams” to prevent liquid from seeping out the sides
- Fits properly and comfortably
- Is made to perform, so you can feel secure and confident regardless of the accident
Look for these 5 features in your absorbent product to reduce the risk of leaks and avoid any embarrassing moments.